You are a seasoned salesperson and enjoy the sales process. You are comfortable cold calling either in person or over the phone, networking at chamber events and other types of groups and meeting people. You desire to be part of a team and want to be part of the solution and not the problem.
- Extensive knowledge of commercial insurance coverages.
- Experience conducting needs assessment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Drafting prospect proposals and/or presentations.
- Sales forecasting.
- Promptly respond to client needs either on the phone or electronically.
- Establish new relationships with potential clients and sign them up for insurance.
- Cold calling over the phone and knocking on doors to offer and sell insurance.
- Networking at the local Chamber mixers and other professional
- Once a product is sold, you will need to fill out appropriate forms and input into the software system.
- Cultivate relationships and cross-sell additional lines of insurance.
- Ability to draft invoices & collect payments.
- To understand and successfully use agency sales automation.
Requirements & Skills:
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- An articulate and professional voice in person and on the phone.
- Professional wardrobe.
- Self-starter, driven, can manage rejection well.
- Confident, energetic, enthusiastic with a sense of humor.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Familiar with sales software and if you know how to use Infusionsoft is a plus.
- Patient, respectful, reliable, trustworthy, friendly, supportive, articulate, kind, ethical and honest.
- High school diploma.
- MUST have one-year sales experience in the insurance industry.
- MUST have current and valid P&C Insurance License.