To serve and grow the book of clients assigned to you by providing extraordinary service, educating the customer, identifying revenue growth opportunities and generating referrals. Account managers focus on growth within their current book of business while also backing up their co-workers.
- Establish working relationships with clients (and their key team members), potential clients and companies we represent on the phone, email and on paper.
- Supporting teammates with follow up for clients and prospects.
- Research and resolve coverage questions.
- Promptly respond to client needs either on the phone or electronically.
- Maintain client files and process routine correspondence between our agency and the client or company… both paper records and on our many different software programs.
- Review and prioritize all insureds’ requests for service and to submit by priority this information to insurance companies the day the request is received.
- Process all monied transactions the day they are received.
- Review and order all necessary renewals.
- Review and process underwriting memos daily.
- Account remarketing.
- Perform miscellaneous input functions.
- Electronically or via the internet – transmit change requests, cancellation requests, etc. to and from a company.
- Cultivate new opportunities and offer additional lines of insurance
through consultative selling.
- Proactively reaching out to clients: working with clients on their policies, effective account rounding, generating referrals for personal lines and other departments, educating the clients about the benefits of having Goodwill Financial Agency as their insurance agency, proactively calling the cancelled business to try to win them back immediately.
- Generating additional revenue on the book of business: account rounding, adding policy features and generating referrals for new business, suggesting and selling other commercial insurance products and advising that we also offer personal insurance programs too, understanding and building solid relationships with clients.
- Providing outstanding inbound service: on claims, billing questions and endorsements. Working to manage clients expectations, follow up via phone or email with clients, use every opportunity to confirm and update client information, educate clients on the benefits of using our agency, service Commercial Lines accounts in a manner so as to eliminate gaps in coverage, thus reducing E&O exposures
- Positive attitude and efficient work ethic: work to increase and improve efficiency on a daily basis. This includes always finding ways to streamline processes, use technology tools to the fullest and limiting general distractions. Possess and maintain a positive mental attitude, including positive working relationships with clients and agency personnel.
- Management System: send any onboarding materials to clients post-sale, update any missed new business items, work to support the marketing and branding team.
- Helping Marketing Department: Suggest blog, email and social media topics, share agency social media posts on personal social networks, participate in pictures and agency branding opportunities when invited, other responsibilities as directed by your manager.
Requirements & Skills:
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and a calculator
- Type quickly and accurately
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Organized, structured, punctual and will follow the rules
- Patient, respectful, reliable, trustworthy, friendly, supportive, articulate, kind, ethical and honest
No previous insurance experience is required. We will train and educate the successful candidate. However, having previous experience working within the insurance industry is a bonus.